River Parks remains open for public use. Trails and other park facilities are available during normal park hours, 5 a.m. to 11 p.m. Park users must use their own discretion during the pandemic to decide if visiting River Parks is appropriate.
At this time, River Parks’ trails, playgrounds, picnic areas, restrooms and green spaces are open, including the Turkey Mountain Urban Wilderness. These park areas are located within Tulsa’s city limits and the current City Ordinance related to COVID-19, as amended, applies to all park users. The Ordinance allows limited exemptions to the requirement for Face Coverings as follows:
1) Persons exercising in communal outdoor spaces, or persons walking or exercising with other persons from the same household in communal outdoor spaces are not required to wear Face Coverings, as long as Physical Distancing [defined as maintaining six (6) feet of distance between persons who are not part of the same household] is maintained.
2) Persons congregating in communal outdoor spaces with other persons not in their same household are required to wear Face Coverings when Physical Distancing is not maintained.”
In addition, please observe the following guidelines in River Parks:
- Pedestrians observe Physical Distancing as you approach others on the trails, stepping off the trail when necessary.
- Cyclists signal as you approach or prepare to pass others on the trail by calling out or using a bell or horn.
- Do not come to the park if you have illness symptoms or are feeling unwell.
- Cover your face when coughing or sneezing.
- Bring your own water instead of using park drinking fountains. - Dispose of all trash in the containers provided or take it with you.
For more info on Tulsa's COVID ordinances, visitwww.cityoftulsa.org/masks