You have likely noticed the remarkable increase in public interest and awareness of Turkey Mountain in the last year. This is, for the most part, thanks to our enthusiastic user base of bikers and runners who have told friends, family, news stations, and social media outlets about the incredible opportunities for fun and fitness at Turkey.
Due to the continued growth in user traffic and public interest in Turkey Mountain, River Parks has decided to form an advisory group with the express goal of supporting events, maintenance, and infrastructure at Turkey Mountain. We are looking for members for this group, to be referred to as the Turkey Mountain Advisory Group. It is the desire of River Parks that this Group serve as the “voice” of the Turkey Mountain community.
What will the Group do?
- Improvements to Turkey Mountain
- Gathering ideas and input from the general Turkey Mountain community
- Potential development threats to Turkey Mountain
- Utilization of funds donated for Turkey Mountain
- Potential hazards to users
- Preventing and reporting crime, vandalism, and illegal activities such as camping
- Trail improvements
- “Big idea” brainstorming and planning
- and other future developments
Group Members and Criteria
- Record of service at Turkey Mountain
- Strength of connections to park users and the general community
- Ability to work towards common goals through compromise and friendship
- Availability of time and resources
- Recommendations of other Turkey Mountain users